Friday, August 21, 2009

I survived a Mexican Amusement Park

Monday, August 10th



Summer excursion to Six Flags. I’m not gonna lie, I was a little scared for my life. With all the reputation about safety standards in Mexico not being as high as American ones, I didn’t exactly know what to expect. The American company name though definitely comforted me.

All in all a fun day. Another opportunity to get to know the kids and to goof around. I earned respect by going on all the big “juegos.” A lot of the kids didn’t even want to go to Six Flags because the rides “me dan miedo” (make me scared). How weird that none of the boys were afraid to admit it. Though it’s a very machismo culture here, the men aren’t afraid to be expressive/emotional. One of the many cultural differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment