Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Surviving Street Tacos

Two days ago, I consumed my first street tacos. They were something I hoped I would never have to eat. It's well known that taco stands in Mexico are probably the most common cause of food poisoning for foreign travelers.

On Monday, however, the men's sub-director invited the caregivers out for tacos. I thought we were going to the restaurant down the street, but we stopped short at a taco stand run by two friendly women neighbors. I felt it would be too rude to say no.

My Digestive Process
Monday, 12:30pm: Consumption of two delicious chicken and cheese quesadillas
Monday, afternoon: Tacos sitting well, but food poisoning never seems to set in 'til the next day so I'm not counting my eggs before they hatch.
Tuesday, 5:15am: bright eyed and bushy tailed, no effects
Tuesday, 2pm: appetite normal, ready to eat lunch
Conclusion: friendly women neighborhood taco stand SAFE

I wish I had a better story for you that ended with me making friends with the porcelain throne. But I don't. Instead all I've got for you is the discovery one of the few safe street taco stands in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment