Saturday, September 5, 2009

La Misa

The kids are required to go to mass every weekend. Usually we go to 6:00pm Saturday mass at a church a 10 minute walk away. As volunteers, we’re required to attend mass. The kids know that. And if they don’t see you at mass one day, if you doing something wrong, or if you show up late, they will let you know you did so.

Today I was extremely tired. At 3:30 I went down for a nap. I thought I would wake up no problem to meet the kids to head over to mass for 5:30. Slight freak out when I woke up at 5:30. Sophie and I change quickly, head down at 5:33, expecting to see some late goers.

However, we found the dorms deserted. We walked quickly to mass, arrived what would be 10 minutes early, and found everyone seated and silent ready for mass to start. Sophie and I shuffled into an empty seat quietly, hoping no one would notice our late arrival.

Then I hear giggling behind me. Pilar is looking at me and laughing. “What?” I mouth to her. She makes the motion of sleeping with her hands and head and points at me. Then she points at Sophie whose lines on her face give us away without question.

Caught red handed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naomi
    Love your Blog and comments.. Keep up the good work in Mixico..
    Ron Lowe ( Calgary)

    ReplyDelete