Saturday, January 30, 2010

Non-Rainy Season Rain

Ale, my new roommate, asked me last week one cloudy day if it would rain. In my know-it-all-i-have-six-months-more-experience-in-Mexico-than-you voice I responded, "No, Ale. It only rains during rainy season. That ended in October. And even then, it only rains at night."

Today we woke up to another cloudy day. Confident the skies would not break lose I brought no umbrella on my trek outdoors. Half-an-hour after leaving the house it began to sprinkle. A few hours later in the early afternoon it began to pour. The forecast doesn't even look good for tomorrow when Ale plans on hiking a nearby ruin, but she might have to cancel it due to the prospect of rain, which according to me, would never be an issue for her.

I SWEAR this is only the second day it has rained since rainy season ended in October. But the heavens have unleashed on me because my know-it-all attitude got the best of me.

Ale, I stand corrected. It appears to rain outside of rainy season. I hope you will forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment