Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cards, cards, cards

Since the summer, at least two days of every afternoon have been spent making mini-cards that you can attach to Christmas presents. It’s part of the Christmas card program fundraiser at NPH, which plays a big part in our budget.
The mini cards are made for the past years card catalog. We cut up the mini images, glue them to paper, let them dry, then cut them to form before punching a whole in each one and packaging. I say “we” but really it’s more the first and second year girls, whose finger gluing skills are far beyond mine.

Yesterday, the preparations concluded and the selling began at a presentation in downtown Cuernavaca. I never thought that I could hate Christmas cards before…but I am not sorry to say good bye to those red and green squares. The images sometimes flash before my eyes.

If though, you are interested in checking out the cards, go to www.nph.org, click on “Gift Shop” on the left tab, then go to “Greeting Cards -> Mexico.” My two second plug.

Picture on right of the second year tourism students who made and served appetizers for the card presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment