Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bronchitis

I’m just coming out of a slight lapse in health caused by acute bronchitis. Ironically, the two weeks I was sick, we were doing the “Health Unit” in English class. This included learning vocab such as vomiting, fever, dizzy, appointment, and injection. It also included examples of role play. Fortunately, I didn’t have to come up with anything to say. I just used my personal experience.

This is the following role-play between my teaching mentor, George, and me (vocab words bolded as emphasized during role-play):

Me: Hello, is this the doctor’s office?
George: Yes, how may I help you?
Me: Well, for a week now I have had a runny nose and productive cough.
George: That sounds horrible. Have you been taking any medicine?
Me: Yes, I went to the doctor last week and she gave me allergy medication (true story).
George: Oh, well I don’t think you have allergies. It looks like you have a cold. I’m going to give you a prescription for cough medicine.
Me: Ok, thank-you doctor.
George: If you don’t feel better, give me a call.

Somehow, the allergy medicine and cough syrup got me out of my acute bronchitis. Thank the lord because I’m uninsured ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment